Friday, April 27, 2007

The Stomach Flu Sucks Serious Ass

If I have been notably absent from blogging, and even if my absence hasn't been notable and I just don't give a rat's rosy red behind what you lack the ability to take notice of, it's because I have recently been diagnosed with a stomach virus. It's one of those diagnoses you don't really need to go see your doctor for, because it's pretty damn apparent, at least to you and your toilet bowl, that things aren't all hunky-dory on the G.I. front. But, I have been watching a lot of "House" lately, so I took a trip to see my Osteopath, just in case the "differential diagnosis" (it's from the show, sorry) revealed that instead of a stomach virus my body had been overtaken by some mysterious neurological illness. But, of course, the vomiting, diarrhea, aches, pains, and general blah-ness was attributed to my "catching" a stomach bug, which means that I had a few days to enjoy riding the porcelain bus while building up my television viewing time. I haven't been able to eat much, so I pass the time by watching cooking shows on the Food Network. Today, Paula Deen made a peach and blueberry cobbler that looked divine, but which, I am certain, would send me running for the bathroom.

Do you know what I CAN eat? Crackers. Crackers and Gatorade.

Shut up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I, too, am home sick and saw Paula Deen making cobbler! Gotta love The Food Network.