Monday, February 11, 2008

Shallow Thoughts

It's February 12, 2008. Eight days from my 30th birthday. Holy shit.

There are nine months to go before the Presidential Election, and I'm already sick of Lou Dobbs, Wolf Blitzer, Campbell Brown, and pretty much everyone else on CNN. Except Anderson Cooper. Anderson Cooper is God.

I don't know who the Dow Chemical Company has running their marketing department, but those damn "Human Element" commercials draw me in every time. They're beautiful.

When Mr. Kolby has the remote, he cycles through ONLY the HD channels before announcing that there's nothing on. We have less than 20 HD channels. Yes, I'm serious.

6 comments:

TK said...

Ugh. Mr. Kolby has the right idea. After seeing HDTV, I can't bear anything else.

And, re: turning 30 - don't sweat it. I'm turning 33 next month, and I'm honestly happier than I've ever been.

Anonymous said...

I'm TK on the turning 30 business. This gal's another 1975 baby who is also a lot more pleased with her life in her thirties than I was in my twenties.

We just got an HDTV and we don't even have The Cable. But we do have an antenna that picks up the HD signal. Because we are just that weird.

Yeah I'm pretty much sick of the election myself. I'm considering moving to a remote location until 2009.

Anonymous said...

Whoops. I'm WITH TK.

I'm also a moron.

Kolby said...

'Bama, are you saying you don't want to be TK?

Anonymous said...

Snort.

Actually no. Because having a channel of light pouring out of one's mouth has got to have some serious drawbacks.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Hope you have a great day and here's to a fantastic 2008.