Thursday, February 7, 2008

Kiss My Ass, Pig

I almost forgot - I got a parking ticket today. I am so pissed at myself. A $50 ticket for parking my car on the wrong side of the street before noon. In case you're wondering how that works, here's the gist: Albany sucks. No seriously, it does. Anyway, on certain days of the week in the downtown section of the city, you can only park on one side of the street. It alternates, every other street, every other side. Make sense? So, this morning I was driving to work, and I was running a little late (as usual - I just can't seem to leave early to get to the job that I love so much), so when I turned onto Lancaster Street and saw an open spot, I jumped at it. I completed the most beautiful parallel parking job you've ever seen. And I leaped out of my car and practically skipped to my building. Needless to say, I obviously left a few brain cells at home in my rush, because the reason why I was able to secure such a prime spot this morning was that there was NO PARKING ON THAT SIDE OF LANCASTER TODAY. So, when I left work at five and started my car, there was a lovely little note from my friendly neighborhood parking enforcement officer. So, yeah, that sucks.

The worst part is that I shell out $45 a month for a spot in a garage that's located two blocks from my building, and which I had to wait for over two years to get. Come on, don't look at me that way.

No comments: